Thursday, June 7, 2018

Your Phone Is Listening and it's Not Paranoia

Via Don



Here's how I got to bottom of the ads-coinciding-with-conversations mystery.

A couple years ago, something strange happened. A friend and I were sitting at a bar, iPhones in pockets, discussing our recent trips in Japan and how we’d like to go back. The very next day, we both received pop-up ads on Facebook about cheap return flights to Tokyo. It seemed like just a spooky coincidence, but then everyone seems to have a story about their smartphone listening to them. So is this just paranoia, or are our smartphones actually listening? 

More @ Vice

1 comment:

  1. I don't have a "Smart Phone". At 76 I have a "flip phone" I rarely use. I keep it turned off even when I'm driving around in my vehicle.

    ReplyDelete