Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Another Sign America Is Done: Teacher Fired For Refusing To Give 50% Grade To Students Who Didn’t Turn In Their Homework

 

Should students that refuse to turn in their homework receive a grade of 50 percent anyway?  Of course not.  That would be like workers that didn’t show up for work asking for 50 percent of their paychecks.  Our system of education has become a complete and utter joke, and the rest of the world is laughing at us.  Fortunately, there are still a few brave souls that are standing up for what is right.  52-year-old history teacher Diane Tirado was hired by the West Gate K-8 School in Port St Lucie, Florida for this school year, but she was fired when she refused to give students that didn’t turn in anything a 50 percent grade on their assignments.  When Tirado was hired, she was never told that the school has a “no zero” policy.  And when she found out, she refused to go along with it.

6 comments:

  1. When I was a soph. in High School (1969) I took Algebra 2 just couldn't figure it out...basically failed every test...should have failed period...I maintained a C average...I turned in my homework no matter was it was right or not...sat in the front row and behaved...they let me ride...awesome math teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Math is my least favorite subject, but when I passed The FSEE I ended up as a Budget Analyst in every job figures.:)

      The FSEE And My 45. Caliber Derringer
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=30&highlight=fsee&sid=3fe534fc1073cffeed9ae9e47641c6e6

      Delete
  2. Homework, I always believed, was not just for the grade or to keep children busy as much as it was to help instill responsibility.(Ex-Teacher)

    ReplyDelete
  3. One of my many daughters left public schools over discipline and this charade. She took a huge salary cut to teach in Christian schools but at least she is safe and can actually teach, neither of which was true in public schools.

    Y'all have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's wonderful and I know you're proud of her. Where is her school?

      Delete