Monday, September 17, 2018

Is Brett Kavanaugh a nice guy? That's irrelevant. So is alleged sexual assault as a teen.

 

I don’t want Brett Kavanaugh to be confirmed for the Supreme Court. Based on what he has said and written, I fear that Kavanaugh will roll back reproductive rights, environmental regulations and many other causes that I hold dear.

But I’m also opposed to the latest gambit in the campaign against Kavanaugh, who faces an allegation from California psychology professor Christine Blasey Ford that he tried to sexually assault her at a party when they were in high school. I find Ford's story entirely believable: She talked about it years ago with her future husband and later a therapist, among others, and has passed an FBI-administered lie detector test, according to The Washington Post.

Yet I still think it's a poor reason to bar Kavanaugh from the court. And it plays into the hands of the judge’s Republican handlers, who have tried to make this battle about Kavanaugh’s character rather than his jurisprudence.

More @ USA Today

2 comments:

  1. They just will say anything to harm President Trump. It does not matter to them if it is true or not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It may be true, but for goodness sake, 35 years ago in High School!? Who is without sin, cast the first stone and I ain't gonna' throw one. :)

      Delete