Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Haven't changed a bit.....:)


I believe I'm reading the S&S as the format would not have been The Saigon Post or the other English language newspaper. 

^I bought a Patek Philippe watch, ($18K today) and had the band replaced with an 18 carat gold intricately woven one, ($?) which was actually a ladies bracelet. I also bought a dinner ring in 18 carat gold with a very nice colored Jade. ($?) As I remember, I paid $200 or $300 for all. Unfortunately stolen, during a move in the states.
Image may contain: people sitting, table and food

When *'Corner Car' Larry showed me the picture, he said you look young in this and I said, well  I'll just  have all pictures taken with my face hidden....:)

*Larry "Corner Car' Bach.  My Citroen  had an electrical problem which was never found, for at times the motor would cut off when you turned a corner, hence the name. :)

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a saturated carburetor float.
    Cool sweater, by the way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The man I purchased it from said the carb was rebuilt when they did the motor, but maybe not. Thanks. Just think there would be no story if it had performed well. :)

      Delete