Wednesday, February 20, 2019

This n' That

Virginia and Paul's.

Bonnie #3 and Emily #1 from left to right.  Emily was born at St Paul's in Saigon.

John, a next door neighbor in San Clemente, and friend for 44 years.  He and a friend took a summer off many years ago and went to baseball games in every major league park.

Elijah and father Todd 'working' on Elijah's blown Chevy.

Bonnie and Aria.

Bonnie's son Isaac.

,
Aria



Pictures above, Laura and Sally Vinyard. Laura was the daughter of Mr. An and Sally was the last American woman to leave Vietnam and my friend for 50 years. Sally is holding her picture from about the time we worked together at OICC/RVN. She and her son were in Vietnam the same time together but he was in the Army. I remember seeing her in the elevator for the first time since she had come back from Japan and had a facelift, and wow what a difference!  When I mentioned this some years later she said, "Brock, even my son doesn't know about that". :) She was born and lives in Fallbrook.

Sally above in 2008.


Emily and her son Elijah two above.

Bonnie's son Isaac.

Aria and Bonnie's Daughter  Olivia.

Aria

Dylan and Daughter Aria.


Aria two above.

I missed Christmas by a day and Isaac was very concerned that I didn't receive my present and wanted to give it to me in person.  :)

"Corner Car' Larry Bach & gang.

The 'Karl' bottle is supposed to be Vietnamese homemade draft at 9%, but no way is it 9%, as 12 ounces of it will do quite well, thank you.:)

Hue and 'Corner Car' Larry Bach's wife. Hue came with us on the evacuation flight from Saigon.




Lian on the right top two, the 4th physician in the Bach family

Thuy's father is wearing my tie (3rd from left) and I imagine he still is! :)


A bench I bought in Fallbrook many years ago and it has just been replaced.  At the time I thought it was a deal at $500 because it would be taken care of ad infinitum. They will have to replace the plaque as they misspelled Townsend once.

Rebuilding a door.  They are about 250 pounds each.


8 comments:

  1. Nice Brock. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't decide which is more beautiful, your family or the engine in that Chevy..........

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the pictures Brock...they're great and show a fine family.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos
    Thanks for posting them.

    ReplyDelete