Saturday, June 22, 2019

Cardinal Sarah: “We must rebuild the cathedral.... it is my duty to warn the West: behold the flames of barbarism threaten you!"

Via Tedmund Chan

 

I have come to present my latest book: The Day is Far Spent. In this book, I analyze the profound crisis of the West, a crisis of faith, a crisis of the Church, of the priesthood, of identity, a crisis of the meaning of man and human life. I discuss this spiritual collapse and all its consequences.

This evening I would like to repeat these convictions I hold so deeply, by putting them into the perspective of a moving visit I made yesterday. Just hours ago I was at the cathedral of Notre-Dame of Paris. As I entered the gutted church, and contemplated its ruined vaults, I could not help but see in it a symbol of the situation of Western civilization and of the Church in Europe.

More @ CWR

4 comments:

  1. It was stated several yrs. ago that if man quit believing in God,
    a once civilized society will cease to exist. Looking that way more
    and more every day. Hell is not the place I wish to go though
    some don't even believe in Hell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this article has a lot of information needed, looking forward to your new posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’ll bookmark your blog and check again here frequently.

    ReplyDelete