Monday, July 22, 2019

Libraries Respond: Drag Queen Story Hour

Via Cousin John
 Image result for Libraries Respond: Drag Queen Story Hour
 Sick isn't the word for this.
 
Many libraries across the country have been hosting or participating in Drag Queen Story Hours. A few have experienced pushback from some members of their community. To support libraries facing challenges we have established this collection of resources. We will continue to add to it and welcome your contributions. ALA, through its actions and those of its members, is instrumental in creating a more equitable, diverse, and inclusive society. This includes a commitment to combating marginalization and underrepresentation within the communities served by libraries through increased understanding of the effects of historical exclusion.

Note: Decisions about programming are made at the local level and are based on individual library policy.

More @ ALA


3 comments:

  1. What the fuck. I may not be a Nazi, but I think some books need burned. This sick shit has to be stopped. While I have never been a proponent of beginning violent actions, I think that time is fast approaching. I am torn between thinking would action today prevent worst losses later? I don't know, but we are fast coming to a point where we either kneel as slave or fight. And I fear the longer we wait the worse it will become.

    It probably won't happen until 2020. I do not see the democrats accepting another Trump win. And I doubt the right will accept a loss, with the amount of fraud being promoted. Either way I see 2020 at the trigger.

    Badger

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude, it's in our BACKYARD.
    'The local library?'
    NO, the East coast hub is run out of Assville, where the largest basement for a private residence has been siting for a century. You know, the most liberal town in NC, where the big money sits.
    Beware searching Captain (It's being blamed on Al, real markets)
    K
    U
    C
    H
    I
    E
    S the
    KEY L
    ime
    P edo
    I nfo
    E xcha

    ReplyDelete