Wednesday, September 4, 2019

A 76-year-old woman was pecked to death by her rooster while gathering eggs

Image result for clA 76-year-old woman was pecked to death by her rooster while gathering eggs

A woman in Australia was killed by a rooster who pecked at her leg, puncturing a varicose vein that hemorrhaged and caused her death. 

The 76-year-old woman was gathering eggs from her rural property when the rooster struck at her leg repeatedly, according to a study published in late August in the journal Forensic Science, Medicine and Pathology. She is unidentified to protect her family.

The hemorrhage caused the woman to collapse and later die. She was previously diagnosed with hypertension, type II diabetes and varicose veins.

More @ USA Today

5 comments:

  1. At least she wasn't HEN-pecked. *ROFL*

    ReplyDelete
  2. For some reason the rooster eyeballed in on the varicose vein.
    They have excellent vision. The contents of the vein was his
    intention. I've planted seeds into the ground and the rooster
    would be thirty feet away, watching. And after I left the
    vicinity, the rooster would come and see what I was doing and
    scratch up the seeds and call the hens. I didn't anywhere
    without a broom or a shovel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wound up in the ER one time after our big rooster attacked me. When he died it was a happy day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have had him for supper as soon as I got out. :)

      Delete