Monday, September 9, 2019

Henry’s Long Ranger Is A Lever Gun For The 21st Century

 

Henry’s new Long Ranger may change your perception of lever-action guns. The action is tight, it shoots modern cartridges, and it combines all the nostalgia of the Old West with modern design and manufacturing. Is it the next rifle for you?

I’ve been using the Long Ranger chambered in 6.5mm Creedmoor quite a bit lately from the shooting range to the open range. I’ll introduce you to its intricacies as well as its quirks.

It’s Still A Lever Action

More @ Guns America

10 comments:

  1. I like it. A 10 rd mag would be good it seems for a lever action. I'm currently looking for a .357 lever action to be a companion for my revolver. A Henry is under consideration, but I prefer a side loading gate on the conventional tube mag lever actions so may opt for a Marlin or Winchester. --Ron W

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I imagine the after market will offer a 10 rounder.

      Which .357 do you have?

      Delete
  2. Damn. I've been thinking a lot lately about getting rid of some of my hunting rigs since I'm getting older and don't get out much anymore. After seeing the new Henry I might be adding a gun instead of subtracting......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I have always wanted a lever action since my cowboy and Indian days but never have had one. Maybe we both should!

      Delete
  3. I considered buying one of these in 223, but bought a used Remington 7615 instead.

    Charlie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’ve got a Henry 22 and a Henry 357.

    also Charlie

    ReplyDelete