Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Fighting To The End

 
ARVN armor Patch 
 "I shall never repent having done what I did, nor complain about the consequences of my captivity. (17 Years) If history were to repeat itself, I would choose the same path. By so doing, I know from experience that I would lose everything but HONOR."
Brigadier General Tran Quang Khoi, ARVN

Duc Hue Map
 
During the final days of the Vietnam War, I commanded the ARVN III Armor Brigade and III Corps Assault Task Force (ATF) throughout III Corps Tactical Zone and in defense of the City of Bien Hoa against the final Communist offensive in South Vietnam. For twenty years since the fall of South Vietnam on 30 April 1975, I have read many articles by both Communist and Free-World writers. Many of them are ambiguous or inexact, especially when referring to actions east of and in Bien Hoa.

Some even distort the truth and wound the honor of III Armor Brigade/III Corps ATF, so I have an obligation to both the living and the dead to correct the record so as not to be ungrateful to the heroes who willingly followed me and fought to the very last minute of the war.

More @ VNAFMAMN

2 comments:

  1. Hi Brock,
    'Comes a time in a man's life when he has to do what he has to do to maintain... 'Some years ago now, I was working for an Aerospace Company and things went south when a "subordinate of mine" decided he needed to be "The BOSS!!" He "Quit" the company then "Sued Me" in Civil Court claiming I "Stalked him, threatened him and 'assaulted' him!!!!!!!!!" Long story, short, I beat him in court... actually after "His" Lawyer Deposition'ed me... he told "him" "You don't have a case!!" "Truth will prevail over lies!!!!!" The perp freaked, got obstinate and "his"lawyer "DROPPED" him... No other lawyer would touch him "with a ten foot pole!!!!", we still had our "Counter suit against him!!" so he came crawling to my lawyer to BEG OFF!!!!.... MY Lawyer drew up the document and he signed it!! Still the Company I worked for never accepted the judgement.... I went on for a while then one day I walked into the Controllers office, tossed my badge and time card on her desk and walked out.. she "Freaked...!' I just walked out of the office and about 20 yards from the door I was and Wanda came out an yelled at me,"Bill!!! What????.....WHY!!!!!!!!?????"...
    I turned around, looked at her and the words just came to me.......,"Glory has it's Price, But 'HONOR' is 'PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!' and I'm taking mine back!!!!!"
    And Kept walking!!!!!!!!!!!

    "My Story!!!!" ...No Gun Battles or Prison camps... but "HONOR" in what ever form is "A Man's SOUL!!!!!!!"

    skybill

    ReplyDelete