Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Mainland Mexico 2019 and 2020



12 Pesos for a Taco and excellent.

Every time I ask a Bride if I can take a picture, she says ask my Dad! :) So far, this is the best I have been permitted to take.:)




Fish fillet Isabel which is their signature and excellent. (Hotel Isabel)

Fillet Mignon. Never had one like this and not my preference. My favorite is Chateaubriand which I first tasted in Saigon.


Templo Expiatorio del Santísimo Sacramento 

The church is of neo-Gothic style and is considered the greatest work of its kind in Mexico. Its construction began on August 15, 1897 and ended 75 years later in 1972. ( Walk by it most everyday.)




Last year below.

4 comments:

  1. Mexico has some seriously old architecture that is still intact. Wife and I went to Zacatecas (great high desert climate), Guanajuato and San Miguel De Allende back in summer of 1997. Have not gone back yet, but it is sort of on our bucket list.

    Thanks for the vacation pictures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. & thank you. I was going to visit the Aztec ruins/temples which are all around Mexico City, but my friend who you saw in the link at the bottom, said he wouldn't go without security which surprised me as he is married to a girl from Guadalajara and was married at the cathedral in my post. He said the gangs have ruined Mexico City and are now infiltrating Guardalahara.I've done some pretty crazy things before but have calmed down and for instance didn't drive from Phnom Penh to the border in 1994 as there were still some Khmer Dau (Rouge)around.

      I was moving from Tu Duc to Binh Duong which was fairly close to the Cambodian border. I had started late, and as I turned on the road that went there pass our 25th Infantry Division, I thought of turning back, but didn't.

      Night fell quickly, and I was about half way there when the headlights on my '52 Citroen began shutting off and on. I was the only one on the road, and became quite nervous as there was absolutely no moon. I decided that if the lights went out completely, then my best bet would be to ditch the car and get a good ways from it and hide in the foliage until dawn.

      Fortunately, I made it to the first VNCH outpost, and though the soldier was very curious as to what a crazy American was doing driving at this hour in the country, he waved me through.
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=22&highlight=kerry
      http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=19&highlight=long+binh

      Delete
  2. Great Vacation photos Senior Brock. The food looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was good but nothing compares to Vietnamese, food politeness, ad infinitum. I'll go for again it in December I hope.

      Delete