Tuesday, March 17, 2020

When will coronavirus peak in the US? Dire report shows why 'flattening the curve' matters

Via Billy

Health experts have echoed the need for people to take precautions to help "flatten the curve" in order to provide appropriate medical care for patients.

As millions of Americans urged to limit their activities amid the coronavirus outbreak are wondering when life may return to normal, a scientific report released Monday offers a grim future of how many could end up dead if no actions are made to limit the spread of the virus.

U.S. Surgeon General Dr. Jerome Adams told “Fox & Friends” on Monday that, at this moment in time, the U.S. is “at a critical inflection point in this country” in regards to COVID-19 infections.
“People, we are where Italy was two weeks ago in terms of our numbers,” Adams said. “And we have a choice to make as a nation. Do we want to go the direction of South Korea, and really be aggressive and lower our mortality rates or do we want to go the direction of Italy.”

2 comments:

  1. Quote for JFK: " There is a plot in this country to enslave every man, women and child. Before I leave this high and lofty office I intend to expose that plot " J F K said this seven days before he got assassinated.
    They are trying to take the people over. Can't believe violent
    criminals are not being arrested but allowed to go free.
    We are going further down into the abyss. I wonder what sci-fi
    movie they are emulating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really and brilliant minds....My first Daughter Emily just posted his famous quote ask not what your country...on Instagram and I replied

      "A novel idea in today's society........:) Just think he would be considered a right wing radical today.:( John Kennedy's Assassination http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=3685&highlight=ka+kennedy I was a pledge of KA (Kappa Alpha, spiritually founded by Lee) at Randolph-Macon at the time, and remember someone walking into German class stating that Kennedy had been killed, and for some reason the professor laughed. At any rate, I wanted to go to the funeral but couldn't find my Big Brother to get permission, but was told by others that surely it would be OK. Of course when I came back it turned out it wasn't and I got to burn leaves all night. At Arlington I climbed a tree to get a better view, and was quickly surrounded by the Secret Service who told me to come down and asked what I was doing up there! I remember watching TV at the fraternity house, and when I went to the bathroom, I missed Oswald getting shot."

      Delete