Thursday, April 23, 2020

Reopen People are Selfish?

Via Jessica

 A protest against common sense | Raleigh News & Observer

Copied from a friend- I couldn’t have said it better.♥️

There are those wanting to reopen states yet they’re being classified as selfish. There are those that rely on all kinds of people to supply them while they cower in fear at home. Isn’t that being selfish too? <------ p="" selfish="">

You expect your garbage to be picked up, you expect the grocery store to be open so you can get milk, you expect truck drivers to supply the stores, you expect farmers, meat packers, fruit and vegetable pickers all to keep food in that grocery store. <------- p="" selfish="">

You expect Amazon to still ship all the things you’re ordering while you sit at home shopping. You expect the delivery driver to leave it on your doorstep. You expect your phone to work, your power to stay on, and your mail to show up rain, sleet, or shine. <----- p="" selfish="">

And most important, you expect the doctors and nurses to be there if you need them.

The whole premise of shelter in place is based on the arrogant idea that others must risk their health so you can protect yours. There is nothing virtuous about ignoring the largely invisible army required to allow people to shelter in place.

I know there are some of you that are screaming mad about what I just said but stop and really think about what is allowing you to stay safe in your home.

I truly believe that with some common sense on my part, I could easily go back to life as it was. I want to go to restaurants, I want to shop at the little store just up the road.

And yes, I could catch COVID-19. I could also catch the flu or a cold, I could get run over by a bus, I could get struck by lightning. We take risks everyday. If you choose to stay home, that is absolutely your choice. And please don’t start screaming at me about how I’ll just spread it. Why are you worried? You won’t get it because you’re staying in your home. Are you going to shelter in place every time a new strand of the flu happens?

Our economy can’t withstand much more of this. If our economy collapses, so will the rest of the world’s. If that happens, you will see the rise of tyrants

I absolutely don’t want people to die...from COVID or anything else. I want people to live.
But sheltering in place is not living.

9 comments:

  1. I've been saying for decades that NONE of us is immortal (at least in this life) and NONE of us cannot be replaced. My favorite example has always been 'ya never know when ya might get hit by a bus'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The graveyard is full of "indispensable" people...

    - Third Boxcar Midnight Train

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hadn’t thought of it this way, but damn if it ain’t correct! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I suppose these judging the re-open advocates are in the media. Well, then close them down too and say go home and "shelter in place". --Ron W

    ReplyDelete
  5. "They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.' Full Quote Benjamin Franklin.
    i do not see an in case of virus clause in my pocket constitution.

    ReplyDelete