Saturday, April 25, 2020

What I Learned From Nursing My Husband Through COVID-19

Via 4Branch

What I Learned From Nursing My Husband Through COVID-19
 
If you or your loved one has just had a diagnosis of COVID-19, your chances of surviving the illness will depend on your ability to gather your resources, make a plan, and adapt.

As told to her daughter, Carrie Severino. This article is personal information, not medical advice. Please consult your doctor with any health questions and decisions.

The past two weeks have been a rollercoaster as my husband and I celebrated our 49th wedding anniversary, learned we were both COVID-positive, spent multiple nights we thought could be our last ones together, and finally received a surreal email from the Kent County Health Department declaring us free and clear of any COVID-related quarantine. We are now allowed to take part in normal life again with “no restrictions” (whatever that means under total lockdown).

My husband Mark and I are both medical professionals: he an oncologist, and I a retired community health nurse. We put all our skills to use in fighting this virus. Here are some of the things we learned that can help you if you or your loved one has just received a positive COVID diagnosis.

3 comments:

  1. Start smoking cigarettes. Tobacco coats the cells and prevents
    the virus from entering the cells. Organic brands would be
    preferred.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. May be as they work against the effects of radiation treatments.:) Check it out: http://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=272&highlight=cancer

      Delete