Saturday, September 19, 2020

Ammo

 Via Terry 

 1000 Round Case - 7.62x39 FMJ BT Golden Tiger 124 Grain Russian Ammo

A 500 round case of 5.56 green tip is still available at $0.66 per round
https://www.sgammo.com/catalog/rifle-ammo-sale/223-556mm-ammo

The 00 buck is gone now too - but you can still get #4 buck
https://www.sgammo.com/product/12-gauge-ammo/5-round-box-12-gauge-winchester-27-pellet-number-4-buckshot-ammo-xb124

The bargain these days is AK ammo - I picked up some more of this - I've
shot this stuff for years, it is great stuff - a boattail bullet and
"hot" load - it kicks ass
https://www.sgammo.com/product/golden-tiger-ammo-sale/1000-round-case-762x39-fmj-bt-golden-tiger-124-grain-russian-ammo

Lead is the new precious metal - BLOAT

8 comments:

  1. I have only one dependable 7.62x39 gun. It is my last resort house gun. I will go with my AR platforms to get me through. For pistol I am going up one mm to 10mm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have an AK and 9mm. What did you have in 9mm?

      Delete
    2. I got rid of my Glock 26 and Glock 17. I still have a Colt 1911 Government model in 9mm that is one of my range guns. I got a Glock 20 for my 10mm that came with 15 round magazines. I have a couple of 20 round mags as backups. It took little adjustment to get decent with it as it has about the same kick as my 45. I will not be getting the Baby Glock in 10mm as I believe the 10mm to be too powerful in that small a package.

      Delete
    3. Thanks and my pocket carry is the P365 XL. They have 10, 12 and 15 round mags but the latter two interfere with my draw so I have them as backup.

      Delete
  2. I was reloading some of my magazines after my last range trip. I pulled a 9mm ammo can out of the closet, factory loads from Georgia Arms. 9mm 115 grain FMJ 500 rounds for $70. I started wondering what it goes for now. I went to Georgia Arms – nope, none in stock for the foreseeable future. Then I went to the Ammo Seek search engine, and found it . Winchester White box 9mm 115 grain FMJ 500 rounds for $497.45. @ 99.5 ¢ a bullet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and my gun shop says 9mm and 45cal. are the big sellers, that .40 cal isn't popular at all. What is your 9mm?

      Delete
  3. Would be cool to add some bacon grease to the slug.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Just let it be known that all are coated such and they'll freak out and kill themselves.

      Delete