Sunday, November 29, 2020

Chesty Puller

 Via Susan Lee

Image may contain: 1 person

Chesty Puller was proud that his Confederate grandfather had served in what he referred to as the War Between the States...

Posted by Defending the Heritage on Saturday, November 28, 2015
Chesty Puller was proud that his Confederate grandfather had served in what he referred to as the War Between the States and died in that conflict. Puller's Paternal Grandfather was Maj. John William Puller (1833-17 MAR 1863) 5th Virginia Cavalry ANV. Puller was elected Capt of the Gloucester Lt Dragoons in 1859 - mustered in as Capt of Co A of the 5th and was promoted Major on 15 DEC 1862 - KIA at Kelly's Fords 17 MAR 1863.
 
His grandmother died of exposure after being put out of her home by federal troops…Also part of the Puller inheritance, as he was often reminded around the family dining table that had belonged to Robert E. Lee's aide-de-camp, included a great-grandfather shot out of the saddle with Jeb Stuart's cavalry, a great-uncle who commanded a division at Gettysburg, a cousin named George S. Patton.
 
~~Robert

12 comments:

  1. We Deplorables are going to be Southern Confederate Rebels here soon... Why I want to move back to Tennessee or Alabama and I will come spring, Idaho was not a good idea when I left South Dakota...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idaho was not a good idea when I left South Dakota...

      What happened?

      Delete
  2. Too many commie californians moving here and I really miss proper barbecued meats, and catfish and proper Southern manners and culture... I was hoping to buy a small plot of land and with my limited resources and savings I couldn't do it, land has tripled what it use to be. So, I made the decision to move back. Northern, Central Tennessee is on my radar, but have travel trailer, will travel, I am going to look around some.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Stop by for awhile! The guestroom awaits.

      Delete
    2. Northern, Central Tennessee is where I am, Robertson County. We refer to the general area as Middle Tennessee. Davidson County is Metro Nashville, it's a leftist local government, so better to be in Cheatham, Montgomery, Robertson, Sumner or Trousdale, some of the counties in Northern Middle Tennessee. Welcome!
      --Ron W

      Delete
  3. I have been thinking about that, but I still have my ankle biter... You have made that offer a couple of times and I want to take you up on it and sit and have a beer and listen to you, You would have the stories I am sure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father was in the Marines and in Korea. He barely missed going up to the frozen Chosin with General Puller. He told stories about seeing the frozen dead stacked in the back of trucks like "cord wood."

    If he had gone, I'd likely not be here.

    Y'all have a nice day.

    PS we are looking at South Dakota and Montana. I love Dixie but don't see a meaningful resistance or a willingness to fight. If that changes we'll stay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is funny, I lived in South Dakota until April of last year and moved to the pan handle of Idaho, and now thinking about moving back to Tennessee or Alabama this next spring Average Joe. I hope you like snow, winds 50 to 60mph and blizzards and drifts on your doors so you have to climb out a window to dig your doors out...

      Delete