Thursday, February 4, 2021

Protection or Pain Treatment: Choosing Between Your Gun and Medical Marijuana

 Protection or Pain Treatment: Choosing Between Your Gun and Medical Marijuana

 If you’ve ever filled out a Form 4473, you’re familiar with the Question 11e: “Are you an unlawful user of, or addicted to, marijuana or any depressant, stimulant, narcotic drug, or other controlled substance?” In case you thought there was any ambiguity with regard to medical marijuana, you were wrong. Indeed, there is a warning in bold right underneath the question that clarifies:

“Warning: The use or possession of marijuana remains unlawful under Federal law regardless of whether it has been legalized or decriminalized or for medicinal or recreational purposes in the state where you reside.”

More @ Ammo.com

4 comments:

  1. Can't smoke the weed but you can be addicted to cigs and alcohol all ya want. Seems about right in clown world. I haven't actually tried to buy a firearm in the last couple years so I can't speak from experience. I hear some folks get denied, some don't. Guess it's all in how ya answer that question. All I need at this point is ammo or parts. If I saw something I had to have; I have a wife who is as clean as clean gets. And then there are garage sales, swap meets, online personal sales. This bullshit only hurts brick and mortar guys.

    As for me I will have both thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and insane, as driving stoned has never been a problem to me, but alcohol, oh yes. I drove a cab many a year so know what I'm talking about. :)

      Delete
  2. I live in colorado. Colorado requires a colorado based criminal background check in addition to the fed nics for gun purchase's. If you are a medical marijuana purchaser you have to your colorado medical marijuana registration card showing that they have a doctors consent for pot use for your medical condition. Literally you are a registered marijuana user. HIPPA makes it a problem for them to tie your gun purchase request to your federally illegal consumption of a controlled narcotic. Retail or recreational pot can be purchased anon. You are asking for trouble to have pot for consumption (which is only legal in your home) and a gun anywhere together out in public.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Too bad but made me think of this:

      Booze, Grass & Rockets Don't Mix!
      https://www.namsouth.com/viewtopic.php?t=55&highlight=grass+booze

      Delete