Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Repost, in part, 2013: Greenbrier Military School: Brett Philips RIP

 

Brett Phillips was my roommate my first year and was from the Fauquier/Loudoun county areas of Northern Virginia as were many of us. I talked to him in 2013 and he was living in Charleston in an old sea captain's place.

Loudoun Journalist, Publisher Brett Phillips Dies at 76


He said he was fine and I asked why he didn't marry Lolly and he said he should have kept her, :) though she died in her 40's as did Louise Charbonnet. (What a beautiful girl and we were all in love with her and her two sisters were beautiful also.) My Mother said once facetiously, but not really, that I should marry her as one of our farms ran up against theirs. :) At any rate, he is gone most, unfortunately. I visited him one Sunday at VMI and he wasn't a happy camper.
 

Not much more needs to be said about Greenbrier, other than his words above.

 

Gary Tolbert: The cadet labeled Townson is actually Brock Townsend Battalion Adjutant '63 BHQ.

 

Greenbrier Military School the Oldest Private Military school in the USA 1809-1972

No comments:

Post a Comment