Saturday, December 18, 2021

Vietnam Veterans Memorial Fund

May be an image of 1 person and standing

Today, we remember LT Victor Patrick Buckley, Falls Church, Virginia, who went MIA on this day in 1969. Pat is remembered by his fiancé, Darlene:
 
"Fifty two years ago, on December 16,1969, we were told that you disappeared over the Gulf of Tonkin, after completing a mission and on your way back to your aircraft carrier. It is so very difficult to believe that now, all these years later, we know just as little as we knew back then about your disappearance. I just could never have imagined that something like this could have happened to you. During those years of waiting and hoping for some information regarding your lose, I tried to move forward and continued on with my life. I eventually married, became a mother of two and I am now a grandmother of four. I have been fortunate in so many ways, but there was not a day that went by, that I did not think of you and wonder what our life together would have been like, if you had returned home. You had so many hopes and dreams that you never got to experience. We had so many plans for our future. A future that was taken from you, your family and me in the worst possible way. I want you to know that there is that part of me that will always remain with you. I am reminded of you when I hear a song that we both liked, an expression that someone uses, a smile on a stranger’s face, your brother’s voice, so similar to yours. So yes, reluctantly, my life went on without you. But any happiness I might feel could never replace the the loss of you. I will love you always."
 
LT Victor Patrick Buckley is honored on Panel 15W, Line 61 of The Wall: https://bit.ly/2UWGYkE
To honor your Vietnam veteran on our Facebook please fill out the following form: https://bit.ly/3k7AlWK

No comments:

Post a Comment