Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Derb’s National Rebuke


I’d like to see the clueless Lowry match wits with John by trying to prove that John’s assertions were “indefensible.” It would be like having a featherweight pick a fight with Mike Tyson during his prime.

*******

Unlike Rich Lowry’s predictably PC response to John Derbyshire’s controversial article on what parents should tell their kids about race, I was less than “appalled” by it. John’s judgments are not entirely mine, and unlike my good friend I probably would stop (and I hope my grown-up children would stop) for a black person stranded on a highway who didn’t look quite like “one of the boyz from the hood.” But John’s article was a response to numerous rants by black celebrities in the wake of the Trayvon Martin shooting. These anti-white invectives, proudly featured in TIME, The New York Times, and other establishment fixtures, were also directed toward the young and emphasized the persistence of white “prejudices.” In one passage particularly lacking in self-awareness, someone named Touré explained:

More @ Taki's


No comments:

Post a Comment