Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Glock Torture Test


ThePrepared Gear Review: Glock 21 .45acp (Performed by Bigbore of Adco Firearms)

For almost 10 years I’ve been abusing and neglecting my Glock 21. Its been a running joke among some friends and I. Nothing was planned or documented. As I tell people what it has been through, most simply don’t believe me. I guess I wouldn’t either. If someone told you their Glock has at least 150K rounds through it and has gone almost 15K rounds with no cleaning or maintenance would you believe them?


I want to do this so I have documentation, of what has been done, and how it worked. I don’t care about 500rds without a FTE, or FTF. Once it was buried in the mud w/a full mag, and when I dug it out the next day it went bang the first time I pulled the trigger but the weight of all the mud on the slide kept it from cycling. I scraped off most of the mud on my boot and fired the remaining 12 shots without a problem.

I want to know how much can it take and still function. If not function perfectly – what will it take to get running again.

Its all been done already, I'm just going to keep track this time. Heres a pic after around 15K rounds with no cleaning, and being buried in mud etc...
The barrel fouling was amazing, it was basically a smooth bore.
 
More @ The Prepared

These tests are also on YouTube

2 comments:

  1. Oh yes, the Glock 21.....my daily carry, in the open by the way.

    Bob
    III

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I first read the story years ago, I thoroughly checked it out because it seemed almost unbelievable! I have a 21 and a 30.

    ReplyDelete