Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Disclaimer - A reality check


Well, I have to be careful what I post, because I currently serve in the USAR. The reason I have not posted for a few days is because I was just away on a three day 'Battle Assembly'.  We were supposed to be parachuting, but the three aircraft dropped to one and then the final one was taken away to help with all those who failed to prep in the New Jersey area...that's a different topic.

So, we did some training locally. Because of all that I have read in recent months about ghastly government plans, FEMA armored vehicles etc, I was mindful of that as we drove through the local neighborhoods in our Humvees. We had occasion to stop and do some 'hearts and minds' with the local population, with a dog that had escaped its yard. As I knocked on the door in the early morning in my ACUs and tactical vest, I was mindful of the news I have seen related to SWAT teams arresting grandmas, cops Tazing 10 year olds, FEMA armored vehicles and all that. I did not want to be seen in that way. I was very sensitive to it, maybe too sensitive. It went well, I frightened no-one, and the lady was grateful for the return of her dog. I was polite, and backtracked out of there, visualizing photos and news articles about federal troops conducting house to house search operations in the local neighborhood.

Now, I am open to the potential for abuse of power, should we continue the slide towards a police surveillance state, Indeed, one of the reasons that I have not posted much lately is that I am currently writing a fiction book with the premise that we are in a civil war, post economic collapse, between Constitutional Patriots and a totalitarian Regime. In that scenario, some veterans are fighting with the resistance, others continue to serve in the Regime forces. I also see these posts about abuse of power by law enforcement, lack of accountability, and it worries and sickens me. So I am writing this not to argue against the potential or reality of such possible outcomes. I am writing to inject some good common sense.


More @ Max Velocity

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to read that book, Brock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, should be good though I prefer non-fiction, but it might turn out to be non-fiction later on.:)

      Delete