Monday, February 25, 2013

Human Events Newspaper for Sale

A screenshot of Human Events magazine's website is shown. | Screenshot

VERBATIM

RedPhillips 


I used to receive Human Events for a period in the past before the widespread advent of the internet. It was known to be somewhat paleo friendly, as it’s Editor for some duration after ’96 was Terence Jeffrey, who had been Pat Buchanan’s campaign manager in ’96. If I’m not mistaken, HE supported Buchanan’s primary challenge in ’92.

But as far as I know in recent years Human Events, which is now owned by Eagle Publishing, has been indistinguishable from other pro-war yahoo rags. (I haven’t followed them in recent years. If anyone knows whether they still retain any paleo vestiges, let me know. Also, does anyone know if Jeffrey still leans paleo?)

Here are a couple of comments on the potential demise of HE from Lew Rockwell. See here and here.

Human Events has a venerable history as the Rockwell posts show. This is a case where we really need some paleo moneybags to buy it up and retake it from the neocons. And no that does not mean turning it into moderation central.

2 comments:

  1. I'm not an expert on paleo philosophy (my personal is a paleo-leaning libertarian, with the emphasis on libertarian), but I dropped HE after a one year sub as I found them essentially establishment Republican, big government empire building neocons cloaked with a few "traditional" (I think that's who you're referring to as "Paleo") conservatives.

    They keep sending me emails sharing many articles trying to get me to resubscribe, but even then I only find myself reading about 10% of what they put out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Their articles appear on-line also. Don't remember if they are dated or not.

      Delete