Nearly every piece of major legislation has that one amendment that can help decide the fate of the bill. The Corker-Hoeven amendment announced yesterday is the amendment that could help determine the fate of the Schumer-Rubio-Obama amnesty bill, S.744.
We must do all we can to defeat this amendment!
What does the Corker-Hoeven amendment do? Not much. It reinforces several points that are already in the underlying bill. The only significant change is a requirement to hire an additional 20,000 border patrol agents. Fence-sitting Senators think they can stop illegal immigration and secure the border by throwing money at the problem.
Even with the Corker-Hoeven amendment, S.744 would still:
- Grant legal status and work permits to 11 million illegal aliens before any enforcement kicks in
- Increase unemployment and reduce wages for American workers, according to the non-partisan Congressional Budget Office
- Only reduce illegal immigration by 25% (CBO), setting the stage for amnesty #9
- Weaken existing law by requiring an electronic entry/exit system at air and sea ports (current law requires a biometric entry/exit system at ALL PORTS of entry)
- Issue 33 million new green cards in the first decade
We've also learned that the amendment's lead sponsors -- Senators Corker and Hoeven -- received significant help from Gang members Chuck Schumer and Bob Menendez in drafting the proposal. Clearly, this is a last ditch effort by the Gang of Eight to pass a bad piece of legislation that was on the road to failure!
|Call your Senators TODAY!|
Calling is simple! You can use the toll-free number below that will connect you to the Capitol Switchboard. When the staffer answers, tell him/her that the Corker-Hoeven amendment does nothing to change the framework of the bill -- amnesty first, enforcement maybe later. You can also use a few of the bullet points from above.
Again, this amendment will ensure that amnesty for 11 million illegal aliens comes first. But a recent CNN poll found that 62% of Americans want border security FIRST before dealing with any other immigration issues. Supporters of the Corker-Hoeven amendment and the Gang of Eight are turing their backs on the American people to help rescue a bill that was sure to fail.
We've already swung the momentum once, and we can do it again!
Please call today!