Wednesday, August 14, 2013

A Southerner in Washington D.C. sends a powerful message: The South is our land!

Via SHNV

 southdc

The following was written by Johnny UnReconstructed, a Southern Activist who is working to protect his community from Federal tyranny. He recently took a trip to Washington D.C., and visited many prominent locations in the Federal Capitol. He describes his journey below…
 
So why did I feel it necessary to have my picture taken with a Confederate Battle Flag in D.C.? To be a troll? Because I am bitter? Bored? Attention?

I actually prefer to fly under the radar and shun attention. So why? Because, I live here. The South is my homeland. It’s that simple. You don’t need my answer with a priori or a posteriori reasoning. I’m done speaking in hayseed talk. I’m done speaking in Abbeville talk. I live here. The South is my homeland.

I first realized the power of a Confederate Battle Flag when posing for a pic of it at the Lee Mansion at Arlington. Looks of disgust. At Robert E. Lee’s home! What began as just having a good time with one of my brothers ended in carrying colors onto an enemy battlefield. The National Park Service guide sure laid on ‘Lee was considered a traitor’ line quite much in the background with tourists once he saw the unfurling of a Battle Flag. It’s then I realized the mere sight of such a flag brought fear and hatred at its unfurling. Why fly a Confederate flag at the Lee Mansion? Because we live here. The South is our land.

No comments:

Post a Comment