Saturday, September 7, 2013

Travel packing tips for photographers and others

 
 Small Eagle Creek packing cube with a pair of pants and a shirt stuffed in. You can make it smallllll.
 
I travel a lot. A few weeks ago when I picked up Amanda in the airport we talked about the best ways to stuff stuff into stuff and I realized that I should do a comprehensive blog post about it. So this is how to be a globetrotting photographer, getting your things from one place to another with the least hassle.

(Tl: dr get functional clothes that pack small and perform multiple purposes, be organized, don't weigh yourself down with things that perform only one function.)

1) Pack small. Dot check bags.

Checking bags is a hassle - it slows you down getting on and off of the plane and the airline can misplace your luggage, lots of airlines charge for checked bags now and someone has to carry all that stuff once you get wherever you're going . When I travel I want to be able to carry everything that I'm going to use with me, like a snail. Or a turtle. Or a flying turtle, like Gammora. This limits you to one carry on and one "small personal item". So you need to be able to fit all your gear and your clothes into a small space.

2) Buy clothes made for backpackers.

More @ Kyle Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment