Thursday, October 10, 2013

I'm Shocked! House Caves: Offers Temporary Debt Ceiling Increase



House GOP leadership have emerged from a closed-door meeting of House GOP members, who say they will push for a short-term debt ceiling increase.

"We're going to offer legislation that will offer a temporary increase in the debt ceiling to allow us some time to continue this conversations," said Republican Conference Chairman Cathy McMorris Rodgers (R-WA).
 
The claim is made that because Democrats are unwilling to negotiate, it is causing a delay in reopening what little bit of the federal government has been shut down. I'll also note, the House Republicans are doing exactly what Obama and company want and they are giving up any leverage they have in doing this.

2 comments:

  1. E-mailed John Boehner this morning - he didn't listen. Again. I knew it was a total waste of time, but I felt better and I'll be damned if I going to stay quiet....

    ReplyDelete