Thursday, December 19, 2013

Bus passengers fight back against armed robber

Via Nancy

WDAM.COM - TV 7 - News, Weather and Sports

 Newly-released surveillance video shows a violent confrontation on a Seattle bus last month.

A man was robbing passengers at gunpoint - until they decided to fight back and stop the suspect cold.

"It's the bus I take home every day," said Chris Briggs. But one evening his commute home became unforgettable.

Police say 19-year-old Trevonnte Brown was robbing passengers at gunpoint.

Briggs says that's the man who robbed him, just moments after pulling a gun on a woman - and shortly before a scuffle.

"Then he came up to me and stuck the gun at me and took my phone," Briggs said.
At first Briggs said no.

More @ WDAM

4 comments:

  1. "Excuse me? You want my money? I'm sorry...FUCK YOU!!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live approximately 10 to 30 miles from this place (depending on where exactly this bus was at the moment).
    I have a CPL (concealed pistol license). The constitutionality of me having to ask the .GOV for a permission is not being discussed here... The point is: Washington is one of the most liberal states, yet one of the most gun-friendly, too.
    We have a population of 6.9 million, and 440,000 concealed licenses.
    Some people cannot possibly have a CPL, because they are underage (<21) or convicted felons etc. So, 440,000 of 6.9 million is 6.4%, and without those who cannot have a license, it means approximately every 10th adult in the state has a CPL... and probably is armed.
    What this means is that when I come to a store (say, a locally-ubiquitous QFC), where there are something like 100 people at the moment, statistically 10 of them are legally armed.
    Seattle is VERY liberal. So, no wonder there was no one in the bus with a gun, except the bad guy.
    They are lucky that he was obviously NOT ready to kill anyone. Scare them into giving him their money - yes, but not killing them for their money.
    If he was a brutal murderer, they'd be dead, period.
    My point is: WHY in the world the people who CAN carry, DON'T carry???!!!
    Fucking retards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. : WHY in the world the people who CAN carry, DON'T carry?

      & 100% of the time.

      Delete