Monday, March 10, 2014

Entangled dolphin "asks" diver for help

Via Daily Timewaster
"In this remarkable footage shot in Hawaii in January, an entangled dolphin approaches divers filming manta rays and appears to ask a diver for help.  One fin was entangled in fishing line, and the diver, realizing what was up, removed the hook and line, even using his Leatherman to do it.  It's clear in the video that the dolphin trusted the diver, even when he was using a tool, and knew he was sincerely trying to help.  Simply amazing."

6 comments:

  1. I was sexually assaulted by a dolphin named Savannah once. She was four years old. She kept coming up to me and rolling her back against me and then throwing her head back into the nape of my neck and after that didn't get the response she wanted she began swimming up against me frontally and thrusting forward. Her handler was completely freaked the f&5ck out to. The handler came up to me and was like all serious telling me to slowly move to the floating dock but not to push Savannah away...yadda yadda. Honestly I as amused by the whole thing and never felt threatened. Had it been a male dolphin though I might have been less casual about the whole thing.

    I kept telling Savannah that it wasn't going to work out. She was a fish and I had been hurt before kinda thing. Finally I got out of the water and never saw her again. She never even wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing.

    That was the most awesome thing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and it would have been so even if the dolphin was trained I think.

      Delete
  3. Perhaps there is a sea of communication as other dolphins have placed themselves
    in a position with humans to receive help. Magnificent creatures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes and I mentioned this to one of my daughters, but this video is absolutely amazing.

      Delete