Monday, August 25, 2014

Comment on 70th Anniversary of D-day



 I saw the 70th Anniversary post earlier and wanted to say that I too drove down from southern PA to attend the 70th Anniversary of D-day event at Conneaut, OH this past weekend on Lake Erie. While the event had the trappings of a fourth of July picnic,  I was concerned there was an EOD unit complete with bomb detecting dogs present at this small town setting. I asked a friend of friend who was on staff at the event if there was some sort of “bomb threat”. He said there was not. He did say the unit usually shows up to events with over 600 people as a precaution. Precaution to what I asked?

 He went to explain that after the Boston Marathon bombing this had become SOP for the tri-county team. I did an internet search and found this article and file photo above. I have to wonder how many of these trucks DHS has funded all over the country in small rural counties and small towns. I also wonder how much is being spent on payroll for employees, training, and other equipment. This is the kind of stuff that is tearing at our country both financially and politically. Besides being a waste of money, this other form of militarization is creating an “us against the civilians” atmosphere. Like the MRAP’s, M-16’s, night vision, drones, body armor, etc., this appalling behavior by the clowns in government needs to stop.

--Anon

No comments:

Post a Comment