Monday, September 8, 2014

An Open Letter To My Friends In Law Enforcement

Via Terry  
 http://thumbs.media.smithsonianmag.com//filer/Norman-Rockwell-The-Runaway-631.jpg__800x600_q85_crop.jpg

When  I was a youngster, my dad told me, “Son, a policeman is your friend.” Through his jail and prison ministry, Dad became a personal friend of our county sheriff (two of them, as a matter of fact)--as well as scores of deputies and city police officers. For all of my life, I have taken Dad’s maxim to heart. In fact, for all of my teen years, law enforcement was my chosen profession. I wanted to go into law enforcement real bad. It took a divine call to Gospel ministry to change my plans.

Throughout my adult life, I have enjoyed the friendship of many peace officers. The county sheriff where I lived in Florida made me an honorary deputy sheriff. I still have the credentials to prove it. I count scores (and maybe hundreds) of law enforcement officers around the country as friends. In fact, there are scores of peace officers across the country that financially support my work. I have had kinfolk serve in various positions of law enforcement. Anyone who knows anything about me knows I have been a law and order guy all of my life.

I am as much of a red-blooded American patriot as one will find in this country. I believe in God, the Bible, the Declaration of Independence, the U.S. Constitution, and the Bill of Rights. I believe in liberty, justice, and independence. I am a Christian and a pastor. Through my radio talk show and syndicated column, I have helped to elect many liberty-minded candidates to municipal, county, State, and federal offices. And, like Mike Huckabee who is a former pastor, I, too, ran for the office of President of the United States.

With the above said, it is extremely important that this letter be written, because so many honorable American traditions and customs are being radically and rapidly changed--including the philosophies, standard operating procedures, and rules of engagement of law enforcement. And the change is not for the better.



1 comment:

  1. If the police continue to act like the occupying army of a conquered nation, it won’t be too long before the people play their part as the resistance.

    hbbill
    Somewhere behind enemy lines,
    Peoples Republik of Kommiefornia

    ReplyDelete