Friday, September 19, 2014

NC: My Rep. Walter Jones: 'I Was Too Weak to Vote My Conscience' in Iraq War

 https://i.ytimg.com/vi/YGol3iZZUkg/0.jpg

Rep. Walter B. Jones, a North Carolina Republican who sits on the House Armed Services Committee, said Friday on Newsmax TV's "America's Forum" that he will die with regret for voting to send troops into Iraq.

"A lot of my decisions are made on my faith," Jones told host J.D. Hayworth. "I will always regret for voting to send our troops into Iraq. It was an unnecessary war. I was too weak to vote my conscience. I will go to my grave regretting that I sent 4,000 Americans to die in Iraq, 30,000 severely wounded in Iraq and 100,000 Iraqis killed.

More @ Newsmax

8 comments:

  1. If he really felt bad enough he'd STEP DOWN and RESIGN... but nah - the paycheck is too compelling. It helps assuage the faith-pain he has.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ron Paul was instrumental over the years in changing many of his views.

      Delete
  2. For a minute I thought I was looking at Ron Paul campaigning for Walter Jones. All I can tell you these congress wipes and snoteters better start getting a conscious and some back bones...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Boy? I thought you said Leroy...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you got a laugh... I did Mr Brock...
    Kevin

    ReplyDelete