Tuesday, October 21, 2014

IT'S FOR YOUR OWN GOOD

Via Eric



 Eisenhower On Lee  

Recently I took a trip to Washington state for the purpose of seeing a loved one before everything goes to hell here in the United States. All things considered it was perhaps the greatest nightmare scenario of my life as I learned a great deal about many of the so called 'conservatives' of this nation and how so many actively support the evil that is destroying us. I am talking about our freedom of choice and the assault that is taking place on it. Allow me to explain...

I had planned to spend two weeks in Washington but after five days I had taken more than I can endure, both from the powers that be and those conservatives who approve of the liberal left's efforts to force me to change my ways for my own good. As mentioned I returned home prematurely and find that the Ebola problem has grown far worse, that ISIS is growing stronger as this nation plays a game of political posturing rather than waging war, and that everything in general has worsened. 

Three days back home and I feel the need to write of current events but cannot engage the enemy until I address this issue that troubles me so deeply. You see, I smoke. Started at age fourteen, and am now seventy. I have consumed well over a million cigarettes and many thousands of fine Brazilian cigars and loved them everyone. In fact I would go so far as to say that I would not have lasted this long without them.

This essay begins with a picture of Tom Selleck in his portrayal of General Eisenhower prior to D Day. 

4 comments:

  1. He speaks truth but I'm afraid most don't remember it anymore...his life mirrors my own but I am a whole two years younger.

    ReplyDelete
  2. For me it started with the seat belts - none of their business.
    Then vaccines - you either get one (hosp) or find another job. I am sure this will
    migrate to many other occupations.
    Then the cigarettes, which again is none of their business. Second hand smoke
    dangers are a lie to facilitate their agenda. At the hosp. one couldn't even go smoke
    in their own car, you were banned to a public sidewalk off the campus. Then, if you
    were a smoker, you either quit smoking or take a hike. This is all about conditioned
    response, you remember the chicken, when the bell rang, he could eat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you remember the chicken, when the bell rang, he could eat.

      Well stated.

      Delete