Saturday, November 8, 2014

Neighborhood Watch: Southern Style

Via Lone Voice 

(Source: WMC Action News 5)

You might expect to find an army in DeSoto County ... an army of drones, that is. A Southaven man has an army of hand-crafted drones, all controlled from inside of his customized command center.

Robert Estes is self-confessed country boy.

"They probably think I am some type of redneck, country boy, and don't realize the extent we go to," Estes said.

But despite humble beginnings, Estes established his own business and built what he says is the first drone command center in the country.

"This will make a change in the drone industry," he said.

Estes built drones that provide infrared thermal imaging; they also detect human movement inside of a home or car. And what he is doing is legal.

"You can do good things with this, or you can do bad things with this," Estes acknowledged.

More with video @ WMCA

3 comments:

  1. Not fond of anybody taking my picture while Im out peeing in my back yard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I remember when a young man came to see me at Dixieland once wanting to join the SCV and as we talked he stated "I've got to get a place in the country, so I can go outside in my back yard and pee".

      Delete
  2. If the feds didn't know about him before they do now. He just went to the A list of people who get a "visit" if the need arises.

    ReplyDelete