Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Jindal Unveils National Plan To Repeal Common Core

 http://newintheknow.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/cropped-krisdesginseagle2_large1.png

Louisiana Gov. Bobby Jindal has unveiled a 42-page proposal to reform American education at the national level, one of the clearest signs yet that he is laying the groundwork to jump into the 2016 presidential primary.

At the heart of his proposal is a total repudiation of Common Core, as well as a general rollback of federal authority, increased school choice options for parents and greater administrative freedom for educators.

6 comments:

  1. Would he as president, use his federal authority to prevent a state from choosing to use common core?

    A conundrum. he can be against federal authority in education or he can be against Common Core. Pick one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd start out with trying to get everything left to the states and go from there.

      Delete
  2. I wonder if Gov Bobby Jindel is a man to watch and get behind? I think I will....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seems promising although so did Rand Paul who since has taken some curious paths which he probably doesn't agree with, but wants to be P.

      Delete
  3. Oh goody, someone who will finally work for us! Sigh.
    Its up to us folks. I went to the school today. I tried this: "we will not comply."
    You'd be surprised at the blank stares.
    Parents are the effing bosses. Let em know it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the school today. I tried this: "we will not comply."
      You'd be surprised at the blank stares.
      Parents are the effing bosses. Let em know it.

      Good man and they don't like to see me coming.

      Delete