Tuesday, February 3, 2015

NC: Tools for the End Times: The Apocalaxe

 

A while back, Council Tool Company announced a contest to name its new multipurpose survival hatchet. I’m a big Council Tool fan. Council axes, hatches, and fire-fighting tools are drop-forged in North Carolina and they’re examples of the best in American manufacturing. The Velvicut axes are as good as you can get. I wasn’t really sure what this new multitool-axe-thingy was supposed to be, but it was a slow morning so I poured a fourth cup of coffee, lit up with inspiration, and fired off my entry.

Glory be—the APOCALAXE won the show. My prize: A swanky t-shirt that commands: “Get Your Axe Back To Work.” My son, Jack, promptly stole it, and surprisingly, he hasn’t been sent home from school.

 More @ Field & Stream

7 comments:

  1. Council tool is down in Columbus Co. NC near Whiteville. Wonderful company that
    makes high quality axes, hammers, etc. in the USA and made right. There stuff
    tends to be expensive but worth the money. I might have to spring for one of those!

    CH

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.counciltool.com/DisplayCategories.asp?pg=displaycategories&category=86

    CH

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Works on Zombies as well.

      Sold! :) It really sounds good and imagine it is well worth the price. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. A hunnert and thirdy four bux ! That sure isn't your Dad's Roselli . . .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just checked that brand and they aren't cheap either.

      Delete
  4. Darn thing looks handy and useful. I have an SOG hawk in each of my vehicles, including my wifes and daughters. I can shave the hair off my arms with them after i sharpen them. They split kindling, cut deer bone and look awful mean. I dont care what kind you get, everybody should have some kind of short axe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess I should get something more than my machete.

      Delete