Friday, April 15, 2016

NFL Coach on Shooting Death of Former Player: ‘I Hate Guns’

 Saints couch Sean Payton. (Photo: OperationSports.com)

 Isn't there a rock somewhere you can slither under......?

New Orleans Saints coach Sean Payton made no bones about his hatred of guns following the shooting death of his former player, Will Smith, who was killed following a suspected road-rage incident Saturday evening in the city’s Lower Garden District.

“I hate guns,” he told USA Today Sports in a phone interview. “I find myself leaning to the right on some issues. But on this issue, I can’t wrap my brain around it.”

Payton, who won the Super Bowl in 2010, seemed to not care if his comments on one’s Constitutional right to keep and bear arms offends football fans or Louisiana gun owners.

“So be it,” he said, when asked if those comments might make him unpopular amongst Bayou State residents.

“I’ve heard people argue that everybody needs a gun,” he said. “That’s madness. I know there are many kids who grow up in a” hunting environment. I get that. But there are places, like England, where even the cops don’t have guns.”

More @ Guns America

15 comments:

  1. Michel Huemer wrote a good defense of the 2nd amendment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But there are places, like England, where even the cops don’t have guns.”
    Hey genius, how well is that working out where is such sophisticated and urban cities such as London and Paris -ah, you have heard of them, haven't you?- there are Muslim no-go sections where even the police fear and refuse to go into for out of pissing in their pants fear for their own safety?

    Brock, time for me to get that T-shirt. It has a picture of an AR-15 on it, with: Nobody needs an AR-15? Nobody needs a whiny little bitch either, yet here you are.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good idea, I'd like one but they don't make it in a Polo which I need because of my neck. Thanks.

      Delete
  3. Sanders (not the commie)April 15, 2016 at 9:20 AM

    I haven't followed the NFL in so long, that I had no idea who those names were. So, naturally, my give-a-shit was busted about what he had to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. England is a fine example there dummy. I bet he lives in a gated community with all kinds of surveillance and 24 hour security.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He sure be likin' dem thugs that play for him and make him rich.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Huemer is a libertarian philosopher but his arguments are very powerful and work well even outside of that framework

    ReplyDelete
  7. No prob, Sean. If you hate guns, waive your right and don't "keep or bear" one. If his former player had been the victim of DUI vehicular homocide, we would have heard nothing from Sean about the alcohol which is a huge part of NFL ad money. BTW, the NFL is bigoted against gun rights, so Sean is with the company line on both issues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so Sean is with the company line on both issues.

      Useful Idiot.

      Delete
  8. Just another elitist who thinks they know what is best for the poor pitiful citizenry who, they believe are not capable of thinking for themselves and are by far to incompetent to own/possess firearms. Sean needs to coach football and not worry about the inalienable rights of free men. Perhaps reading the Constitution might enlighten him, but I kind of doubt it.

    ReplyDelete