Saturday, July 9, 2016

A curveball in Trump’s Veep search: He’s seriously considering a retired general

Via Billy

 Retired Lt. Gen. Michael Flynn. (DIA Public Affairs)
“All I would say is that I have been honored to serve my country for the past three decades and look forward to serving in other ways now that I am retired from the U.S. Army,” Flynn said. “I’ve been a soldier too long to refuse to entertain any request from a potential commander in chief.”

 ****************************

This may well be a go considering the others under consideration, but anyone but Gingrich, please. :)
 
After weeks of focusing on a group of current and former elected officials in his search for a running mate, Donald Trump is increasingly intrigued by the idea of tapping retired Lt. Gen. Michael T. Flynn to project strength and know-how on national security, according to four people familiar with the vetting process.

Flynn, a registered Democrat but fierce critic of President Obama, previously ran the Defense Intelligence Agency.

The people who spoke with The Washington Post on Saturday did so on the condition of anonymity to discuss their private conversations in recent days with Trump’s confidants and campaign aides.

The turn toward a military figure is being driven by Trump himself rather than by his advisers, the people said, and comes as the real estate mogul is telling his friends that national unrest may demand a “tough and steady” presence alongside him on the ticket.

9 comments:

  1. "anyone but Gingrich, please" Amen to that brother...that would be enough to keep me home on election day. I simply won't tolerate anymore rinos.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) I believe there are others he is considering that may be more in tune with my views, but as far as helping the Trump ticket, he might be the best shot.

      Delete
  2. Derbyshire has a good piece that covers Gingrich well enough...I found it at Vox Days site...titled the Narrative collapse. You have to go to the original post for the entire article that covers Gingrich.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and I'm going to post one from V DARE. also.

      Delete
    2. Thanks. http://freenorthcarolina.blogspot.com/2016/07/after-dallas-time-to-accept-reality-of.html

      Delete
  3. I really enjoyed hearing him speak on ABC's "This Week" show. When the reporter asked him about his views on "undocumented aliens", he did not shy about asking her "Undocumented or Illegal aliens ?" Most people would let that go - he made it clear that both terms are of the same population.

    Surprisingly, he does appear to be Pro-Choice. I'm not but concede if I don't want my choices taken away, I should not take away another's as well - that is hypocritical. God will decide in the end, I leave it in His hands.

    I second NOT having Gingrich as VP, but as a possible cabinet member - maybe.

    ReplyDelete