Sunday, July 30, 2017

The UDC: No longer a Protector of the Confederate Soldier

Via SHNV 

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEh9V-Cwy8G18P1AZweyaJy81Pug4JRIwr-9xeAEJzergHc4FEcRmhGk2WeOM_9A31lEwnsOQe38IsNXeKNr6iebVCuecJmUIohDe-wZVucFnWcVl8T3L-3s98CtJ82SFJcI1yA6_w3BuB8d/s1600/Furling_the_Flag.bmp

I mentioned to my sister the other day that I was glad Mother wasn't here for the last 20 some years as these shenanigans would have killed her and she replied you are so right.

For the SECOND time in the past few years, the President General of the United Daughters of the Confederacy has issued a statement advising all daughters to lay low until the unpleasantness passes, keep quiet, and above all else...guard the precious 501c3! We lost JEB Stuart High School tonight in the Commonwealth. That's personal to me...and I'm placing a huge share of the blame at the feet of those ladies who refuse to do their duty. Our grandmothers are weeping. I'm going to make sure I have nothing to be ashamed of when I greet them in heaven. I have not yet begun to fight and I will do it like a lady, but with the tenacious spirit of my sires and the courage of my grandmothers.

 --Susan Hathway

No comments:

Post a Comment