Friday, October 26, 2018

Lessons Learned: Convenience Store Confrontation with ‘Panhandling’ Youths

 

Editor’s Note: The following is a syndicated article by author Kevin Townsend that first appeared in USCCA’s Concealed Carry Magazine Volume 10, Issue 6, August/September 2013 under the title, “Lessons Learned at a Convenience Store: Sometimes it takes a close call to really teach you a lesson.”

In June 2008, my wife and I were returning from a trip to Pensacola, Florida, to our home in Texas.

On the day we were to return home, we got up very early and began driving our rental car back to the airport in New Orleans. We started early because we knew we would have to fuel and return the car and be ready for a 6 a.m. flight. My carry gun at that time was a Kahr PM40, a single-stack, six-shot auto-pistol. I usually carried a second magazine with an extra six shots, but on that morning, I had packed the extra magazine in my locked TSA-approved container in preparation for our flight.

More @ Guns America

No comments:

Post a Comment