Sunday, September 22, 2019

Emma Lou Pippen, RIP

Left to right: Cousin Jill with Marvin and Emma Pippen from Scotland Neck, once the home of the best barbecue restaurant around, but not the sauce, as Emma took the blue ribbon for it! :)

So sad.

Hey Brock,

I wanted to let you know about my grandfather and grandmother Marvin and Emma Lou. They were in a car accident this week in Tarboro. My Aunt Luann was driving them back from Greenville. My grandmother had just gotten out of the hospital for a fall with broken ribs. A car ran a stop light and hit the van. My Aunt was sore and shaken up. My grandfather Marvin broke his sternum and some ribs. He was taken from Tarboro to Greenville and spent 4 days there and Saturday got discharged.  They flew my grandmother from Tarboro to Greenville. She had serious injuries, a broken arm, femur, lower leg and a bad head injury. She ultimately died from her injuries Friday evening in Greenville. The visitation will be at Letchworth-Sykes Tuesday at 7pm.and the funeral Wednesday at their church Scotland Neck Methodist at 11am. I just wanted to let you know. 

Craig Pippen

4 comments:

  1. My condolences Brock.

    May The Good Lord take her in his arms, she shall know pain no more forever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. May The Good Lord take her in his arms, she shall know pain no more forever.

      Amen. Thank you.

      Delete
  2. I am so sorry for your loss, Brock. Our God has her now and will care for her, forever

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I'm sure her family appreciates our thoughts.

      Delete