Sunday, September 22, 2019

In gun buyback talk, how do you round up so many weapons?

 Image result for ak47 ar15 joke

Democratic presidential candidate Beto O'Rourke's recent vow to take away people's AR-15 and AK-47 rifles raised one big question: How is it possible to round up the millions of such guns that exist in the United States?

The number of AR-15 and AK-47s in the U.S. is estimated at a staggering 16 million, creating logistical challenges to take them out of circulation. Many gun owners are also unwilling to turn over the weapons, and if the government offered to buy them all back at face value, the price tag could easily run into the billions of dollars.

More @ WRAL

4 comments:

  1. Buy back private property they never owned in the first place with tax payer money printed out of thin air with no real intrinsic value.
    That pegs my irony meter every time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, if I go to my neighbor, pull out a gun, threaten to kill him if he doesn't "sell" me whatever I demand...what would it be called? Or better yet, if he refuses and I actually kill him...what would that be called?

    I am a bit surprised few if anyone is pointing out the fact that Francis O'Rourke is threating to kill any and everyone who does not agree with his terms of surrender.

    Y'all have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a bit surprised few if anyone is pointing out the fact that Francis O'Rourke is threating to kill any and everyone who does not agree with his terms of surrender.

      But he's woke and we ain't.....:)

      Delete