Friday, October 11, 2019

Paul Gissing, R.I.P.

 

My second Daughter Virginia's husband.

Our beloved Paul Gissing, 62, of Fallbrook, California, passed away on Friday, October 4, 2019. Paul lived a rich and purposeful life.

Paul was born on January 27, 1957, to Graham and Jean Gissing in Manchester, England. After graduation, he worked as a carpenter, a skill he would take along his life's journey with great success.
Paul traveled to the United States in the '80s and loved it so much that he decided to make a life here.

Paul met his beloved wife, Virginia, while working in the car industry and they were married on April 10, 1999 in Raratonga, Cook Islands. Paul and Virginia started a thriving real estate investment company in San Clemente and together they relocated to Fallbrook to expand their company vision.

More @ Village News

**************
Unfortunately, reminds me of another sad occasion.

Five Girls 

Since I had all girls, I named them Emily Michael  (after my mother who died when I was 13 months old, and my best friend who was killed at 19. [Every time I'm in the area, I stop at Michael's grave and leave a beer, and fairly often I reflect back to the sad ride I had with his girlfriend, *Jaque, after the wreck. I remember I was working in Daddy's office  when mother came in and told me the news. I stood up, looked out the front screen door, and didn't understand why cars were still driving pass.

7 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your family's loss. That is far too young.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you and I don't understand why I'm still here.

      Delete
  2. Brock, I often find myself asking the same question, then I realize, who are we to question the greater power? Truly sorry for your loss. Prayers going your way. Sincerely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please accept my sincere condolences. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers, Brock.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grieve with you Mr Brock, your son in law was taken too early. I am not much younger and it sure gives one pause and take stock of his life and appreciate all the days going forward. He sits at the right of Our Lord and I am sure he can tell some fine jokes and stories...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sure he can tell some fine jokes and stories...

      With Guinness in hand. :) Thank you.

      Delete