- The truth is that there is no "Union".
- The coronavirus now has put the European Union and its comfort zone face-to-face with all its weaknesses, decadence and cowardice.
- Another merciless battle Italy fought with the EU was for protective face-masks. France adopted a policy of requisitioning them; Germany banned their export. Those unilateral decisions undermined a much-touted EU principle: the free movement of goods in the single market.
- As L'Express exposed, France seized four million masks belonging to a Swedish company and that had been intended, in part, for Italy and Spain.
- When Italy and Greece were overwhelmed by migrants from the
Middle East and Africa, the EU countries refused to take their "share"
of migrants. Lacking a policy to stop the flow of mass immigration,
Europe decided to leave the southern countries to their fate.
More @ The Gatestone Institute