Wednesday, October 28, 2020

A Neo-Confederate Prediction of Post-Election America

 

The political chaos that has accompanied President Trump’s first term will not abate anytime soon. From the Russian Collusion hoax to rioting in the streets to the public policy responses to the Covid-19 so-called pandemic, there appears to be something afoot that does not bode well for the future. Whether the motivation is ideological, economic, official incompetence, or a toxic mix of all three, be prepared for chaos qua politics for the foreseeable future. Many are alarmed and have warned about an impending new civil war. The alarm is well warranted by the evidence.

Politics is essentially the struggle for power. The greater the power, greater the prize for those that capture it and greater the loss for those that don’t. The flipside of the cliché “to the victors goes the spoils/plunder” is “to the losers goes the losses/plundered”.

More @ The Abbeville Institute

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting that painting of "County Election", by George Caleb Bingham!

    When I researched it on the Internet, seeking the highest resolution to download, I also discovered the title of the painting and the name of the artist.

    In addition, I found a whole bunch of paintings by George Caleb Bingham, most of which were available in high resolution.

    So, in my computer's "ART" folder (which I use for my screensaver), I created a folder for "George Caleb Bingham", into which I downloaded a bunch of high resolution copies of his paintings, which I'll share on the Internet in my social media web sites.

    ReplyDelete