Friday, November 26, 2021

The Gloriously Inappropriate and Problematic ‘Outlaw Josey Wales’ (1976)

 Clint Eastwood in The Outlaw Josey Wales

Everything about The Outlaw Josey Wales, Clint Eastwood’s 1976 Western masterpiece, would offend today’s Woke Hitler Youth. That alone makes it something worth cherishing and celebrating.

Josey Wales is directed by its star, Clint Eastwood, and when we meet his title character, he’s a family man, a farmer. And then, for no apparent reason (other than they can), a band of pro-Union Jayhawkers (or red legs) burn his home, murder his son, and rape and murder his wife.

More @ Breitbart

2 comments:

  1. This....like Blazing Saddles and many other movies from that era would be impossible to make these days due to the "wokeness" of all the morons involved in the production of movies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forrest 'Ace' Carter is credited with:
    * "Segregation now, segregation tomorrow, segregation forever."
    .
    I think this sentiment is coming back around.
    All evidence points to folks preferring the company of similar folk... one of the fundamentals of Tribe.
    .
    At a very young age, I realized I have little in common with the inner-city mentality, politicians, nor preachers on televisionprogramming.
    .
    During my first visit through WorshingtonDistrictOfCorruption, I quickly realized I have nothing in common with slum-trash.
    .
    .
    An aside:
    The last time I owned a television set was sometime last century.
    I have zero-zero-zero interest in televisionprogramming.
    .
    At the gym in the social area near the lobby, the big-screen is often projecting something other than sports.
    Each time I walk past, I am appalled by the promotion of diversity.
    Each advertisement, all the programming, has almost all diversity.
    .
    Northern European Heritage folk are not seen, not heard.
    Maybe my limited samples are not representative of all programming... but I am not inclined to investigate.
    It is, after all, 'programming'.

    ReplyDelete