Friday, April 29, 2022

One-Armed Boom Stick – The Robinson Armament XCR-L Pistol

I’m old enough to remember when there were pistols, and there were rifles, and you could tell the difference at a glance. But I’ll admit, I’m also old enough to remember rotary dial telephones and rabbit-ear antennas. But even most of the youngsters among us can remember the advent of the AR pistol form factor. Initially designed, I’m convinced, as a way to thumb one’s nose at the inherent lunacy of legal and regulatory restrictions and classifications – it took off as a legitimate and fairly lucrative operating space in the firearms market.

I’ll confess that I have personally struggled to fall in love with the “AR Pistol” form factor because I have found it generally difficult to wield as a pistol. All that weight out at the end of your arm can be hard to manage for more than a few seconds at a time, and most arm brace designs force the gun into a configuration where it is nearly impossible to see open sights properly. However, that struggle is over – and I have fallen in love with the pistol configuration available from Robinson Armament Co.

More @ Guns America

5 comments:

  1. No kidding. A short while ago I was eyeing a rifle, or so I thought. The seller said its a pistol. He went further to describe just why its a pistol. I passed because by my way of thinking if they can now say a rifle is a pistol, they can un-say it too. It seemed it could be one of those firearms caught twixt definitions which means its in play. A guy could get caught up in being the wrong side of stupid policy . And the ATF (hawk, spit) deal harshly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I then asked if it was a SBR. He got a bit irate and said it not NFA. This wasn't no homemade job. I forget the maker, I think it was Benelli although am not certain.

      Delete
  2. I like my own the best.

    I have a Springfield "SAINT" AR-15 rifle, with iron sights and bayonet attached, and a Rock River Arms AR-15 braced pistol, with a Sig-Sauer laser sight, and a single attachment cross-body sling, with both weapons loaded with 5.56 mm 30-round and 40-round magazines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Eugene, Oregon.
    Around the farm, I pack a .300BO pistol with two twenty-rounders for semi-balance.
    I am rarely more than a quick sprint to the Dodge, with a .300BO rifle and a passel of thirty-rounders
    .
    We are occasionally visited by cougar and bear interested in our stock.
    Always present are the goofballs 'accidently' stumbling past our boundaries.
    Yesterday, I surprised a goofball carrying a bag of tools, "looking for a place to start a fire because it is really tough finding a spot these days".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting, and I could be wrong, but it seems to me to be another example of a solution in search of a problem.

    ReplyDelete