Friday, January 13, 2012

All We Ever Wanted

The government is all we ever wanted. It is the big brother, big Sis, big mother and father. It is now the place where we look to buy a car, get a school loan, etc. It is as Thomas Jefferson once said: A government big enough to give you everything you want, is big enough to take everything you have.

It is big enough to take everything we have, because it is big enough to take from us the most important aspect of US, it has taken the individuality, the innovation, the creation of the American. It has turned us into nothing other than subjects of a popularly elected government. It has turned its principles on its head and made us into a bunch of government dependent fools. Is this who we are? Is this what makes us run?

1 comment:

  1. I remember, when I worked for the government, that my superiors would pull out the regulations and site them when they didn't want to do something, but quickly cut all the red tape when they wanted something done. This being totally unfair to us trying to go by the rules. I quickly learned this was all about power and who had it. Certainly not me and the lounder I screamed about this injustice the more of a trouble maker I became. It reminds me of the President and the Constitution. He uses it only when it is of benefit it him and screw the rest.

    ReplyDelete