Friday, February 10, 2012

An Open Letter to President Barack Obama

Mr. President,

In your State of the Union Address, you spoke about citizens paying their fair share of tax and I have some questions to ask you.

First of all let's get past the point of Warren Buffet complaining that he pays taxes at a rate lower that his secretary. If Mr. Buffet wants to pay one hundred percent of his income in taxes, I don't think it will bother anybody that I know of.

But I dare say that even if Mr. Buffet were to do that, he wouldn't miss a meal and would live very comfortably for the rest of his life, so I think he's a bad example.

Lets talk about small businessmen like myself.

I am and have been employing 25 people for the past thirty plus years.

With the price of diesel fuel, the rising cost of health insurance and the overall exponential increase in the cost of doing business, it is tough to maintain a payroll and turn a decent profit.

My employee's yearly bonuses are predicated on the amount of profit we realize at the end of the year.

Since we are a small one-owner business, most of our federal taxes are based on my personal income, so if you raise my personal taxes what do you propose I do…

Should I:

Stop giving bonuses?

Stop providing health insurance for my employees?

Fire several people?

Or just simply go out of business?

You see Mr. President, it's not the Warren Buffets of this world who will be hurt by paying their "fair share," its those middle class folks you claim to care so much about.

It's all slight of hand, smoke and mirrors, Mr. President, and you foster class envy and dissension better than any president we've ever had.

Mr. President you really should get rid of some of the eggheads in your cabinet and appoint some people who know what its like to meet a relentless payroll twice a month, some people who have had to go in debt to keep their businesses operating and been faced with losing everything they own if they cant meet the loan.

You need some people in your cabinet who have burned the midnight oil trying to figure how to sweat out the first of the month.

You need some people who have lived in the real world.

You ask us to make sacrifices while you and the Congress spend us into a national debt we're never going to overcome.

You ask for more and more and you spend more and more.

And the sad part of the situation is what you're doing to our beloved nation. You're tearing it apart, trying to build a monolithic central government that all people have to be dependent on.

It never has worked and it never will work.

We are faced with external enemies on every side, enemies who want to destroy us, but the people I fear the most are at the two ends of Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington, D.C.

You waste billions of dollars on frivolous junk and send money to our enemies.

You can't even pass a budget to tell us what you would do with everybody's "fair share."

How about you and Congress paying your fair share and having the same medical and retirement programs the rest of America has?

No?

I didn't think so.

What do you think?

Pray for our troops, and for our country.

God Bless America

Charlie Daniels

4 comments:

  1. This is the video of ME(!) performing that song.

    http://youtu.be/SVkJCNNsQ1E

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always believed that small business helped to make America great, but there is no safety net for us. We sacrifice everything to start, maintain, and hire for our businesses. The economy has run me over and many of my wholesalers. One told me he is down from 7 employees to 1. Thanks Washington!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just leave us alone, as we have been attempting since only God knows when, but these little petty tyrants just have to try and control people, which to me is sick.

    ReplyDelete