Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Ron Paul: Secret Service is welfare

Ron Paul said Tuesday he doesn’t want any Secret Service protection because it’s “a form a welfare.”

“It’s a form of welfare,” the presidential candidate told comedian Jay Leno Tuesday. “You know, you’re having the taxpayers pay to take care of somebody and I’m an ordinary citizen and I would think I should pay for my own protection and it costs, I think, more than $50,000 a day to protect those individuals. It’s a lot of money.”

But while he might be opposed to having some extra protection, that doesn’t mean Paul doesn’t have a Secret Service code name picked out for himself.

“Bulldog,” the Texas congressman promptly answered when Leno asked what top-secret moniker he would want.

More @ Politico

1 comment:

  1. Another check on the long list as why he should be POTUS.

    ReplyDelete